May 7th, 2012 - Bugfixes, Seasons
- You may have noticed everything is either brown, red, or white. Seasons are a part of the game, and I rolled the calendar ahead to show them off. It takes 30 full days of server operation for one game year to ellapse, so it's 7.5 days per season. Looks like it's winter week!
- It turns out there were a lot of scary bugs associated with seasons, so those are fixed. No longer will my server log be flooded with literally tens of thousands of lines of errors D:
May 6th, 2012 - News ahoy!
- News! Now, when you log in, the latest news report will be the first thing you see. Select the 'News' option at the top of the login screen to view full posts or read previous posts.
- Some internal restructuring of scripts has changed - this means there may likely be some bugs or crashing in D:
- There is no bug report system yet, but if you find a bug, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks :D
May 5th, 2012 - Workin' on infrastructure
- Got a wiki up and running. Hopefully this will be ready for release by next Saturday!
- Developed some under-the-hood stuff - most importantly, all of the in-game script files were converted to a human-readable format that's modifiable from a file outside the game. This is the first big step to transitioning to a format that's easy to work with through a web-based WYSIWYG editor. Here's a screenshot of the new code, formatted (poorly) by a conversion function:
- More not-fun stuff like player idling, AFK, and better linkdead handling.